Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic treatment that is becoming increasingly popular among adult patients in the UK.
There are many benefits of Invisalign. The use of discreet, comfortable-fitting custom-made aligners gives patients a level of convenience and flexibility that is not possible with traditional metal braces and the results are proven to be highly effective.
If you’re looking for a reliable and efficient way to straighten your teeth and improve your oral health, Invisalign might be perfect for you.
In this blog post, we will discuss all the benefits that Invisalign offers, as well as covering important information on cost, alternatives and potential drawbacks.
Whether you’re an adult looking to improve your smile or a parent looking for a solution for your child, the experienced team at The Berkeley Clinic is here to help you make an informed decision about your orthodontic treatment options.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic treatment designed for adults and teens that uses clear plastic aligners to gradually straighten teeth into position.
Invisalign clear aligners are custom-made for each patient, providing a level of comfort and convenience that is not usually associated with orthodontics.
Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible and can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing. This makes them a great option for adult patients who are looking for a more discreet and convenient orthodontic treatment which will allow them to work and socialise as normal, whilst still undergoing treatment to achieve a beautiful straight smile.
If you’re interested in Invisalign or would like to find out more about how Invisalign works, please don’t hesitate to give The Berkeley Clinic a call on 0141 564 1900.
Who is Invisalign for?
At The Berkeley Clinic in Glasgow, we understand that many adult patients want to straighten their teeth and improve their smile but may feel self-conscious about wearing traditional metal braces.
That’s why we offer Invisalign, an effective alternative to traditional braces.
Invisalign is perfect for adults and older teenagers who want to achieve a straighter smile without the inconvenience and unsightly appearance of fixed metal braces.
Invisalign is best suited for patients with mild to moderate orthodontic issues, such as misalignment, crowding, and gaps. if you suffer from severe misalignment or crowding, Invisalign may not be the best solution for you.
Furthermore, Invisalign is a particularly popular choice amongst working professionals and adults, who may feel too self-conscious going about their daily life, work and responsibilities wearing fixed metal braces.
With Invisalign, you can achieve a straighter, healthier, and more confident smile without the hassle and discomfort of traditional braces, meaning professionals can hold meetings, socialise and speak freely with their peers without worrying about the way their braces look.
The benefits of Invisalign
There are many advantages and benefits of using Invisalign treatment as an orthodontic solution.
Not only are the clear aligners discreet and virtually invisible when placed in the mouth but Invisalign is also highly effective at straightening teeth into position to create a perfect, symmetrical smile that every patient craves.
Some of the main benefits of Invisalign are:
- Discreet appearance: Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners that are virtually invisible, making it a great option for people who don’t want traditional metal braces.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic, which means they are much more comfortable than traditional braces, which can be sharp and cause irritation.
- Removable: Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are removable, which makes it easier to eat, brush, and floss your teeth. This also means that you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods without having to worry about damaging your braces.
- Efficient: Invisalign treatment can be completed in as little as 6 to 18 months, depending on the severity of your case.
- Customizable: Invisalign treatment is tailored to each individual patient, with custom-made aligners designed to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position.
- Predictable: Invisalign uses advanced technology to create a 3D model of your teeth, which allows your orthodontist to predict the movement of your teeth with greater accuracy than traditional braces.
- Better oral hygiene: Because Invisalign aligners are removable, it is easier to maintain good oral hygiene during treatment. This can reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
Overall, Invisalign offers a number of advantages over traditional braces and can help you achieve a straighter, healthier smile with minimal disruption to your daily life.
However, it’s important to note that Invisalign may not be the best option for everyone, so it’s important to consult with an experienced orthodontist to determine whether Invisalign is right for you.
Potential drawbacks of Invisalign
While Invisalign does offer many benefits, it’s not perfectly suited to everyone and there are some potential drawbacks to consider and be aware of.
- Self-applied solution: Invisalign aligners need to be worn for 22 hours a day and only removed for eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth. This requires a lot of self-discipline and commitment compared to traditional braces where there is no choice.
- May cause discomfort: The aligners may cause discomfort, especially during the initial period of getting used to wearing them or when new aligners are placed. This can result in soreness, sensitivity, or even mild pain as the teeth are gradually shifting in position.
- Limited treatment options: Invisalign may not be suitable for everyone, as certain orthodontic issues such as severe bite problems or misalignment may require other types of orthodontic treatment.
- Cost: Invisalign treatment tends to be more expensive than traditional braces.
- Requires careful maintenance: To ensure the best results, aligners need to be regularly and properly cleaned their aligners properly, which can be time-consuming and annoying. If you fail to properly clean your aligners and maintain good oral hygiene during treatment, there is an increased risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems.
Clear aligner systems have become increasingly popular over the last decade.
Whilst Invisalign is leading the way in popularity and effectiveness, there are many other brands and systems available, such as ClearCorrect, another fantastic clear aligner system that we offer at our Glasgow Practice.
There are also a few orthodontic alternatives to Invisalign, and depending on your specific dental needs and preferences you may find that you are better suited to one of these over Invisalign.
- Traditional braces: These are metal or ceramic brackets that are bonded to your teeth and connected with wires. They apply constant pressure to shift teeth into the desired position.
- Lingual braces: These are similar to traditional braces, but the brackets and wires are placed on the inside of your teeth, making them less visible.
- Clear/ceramic braces: Similar to traditional braces, but the brackets are made of clear or tooth-colored materials, making them less noticeable.
- Removable aligners: There are several other brands of clear aligners besides Invisalign, such as ClearCorrect and SmileDirectClub, which work in a similar way to shift teeth into the desired position.
To find out which option is best for your specific dental needs and smile goals, book an initial consultation with our orthodontic team and we’ll be more than happy to point you in the right direction.
The cost of Invisalign treatment in the UK
On average, Invisalign treatment can cost anywhere from £1,500 to £6000+. The final cost will depend on whether you choose one are or both, the starting position of your teeth and the level of treatment you choose.
Here at The Berkeley Clinic, we offer fantastic dental finance plans that allow you to spread the cost of Invisalign treatment over several months, ranging from 6 to 48. We also offer 0% finance on 6-, 10- and 12-month plans.