Learn how Botox® can help
Wrinkle-reducing treatments, such as Botox®, have been found to offer more than younger-looking skin. Chronic migraines and multiple dental pathologies can cause severe and long-standing cranial pain. Learn how The Berkeley Clinic can improve your quality of life with the use of Botox®.
What are migraines?
A Migraine is a moderate to severe throbbing headache causing pain to 1 or both sides of your head and can sometimes affect your face and neck. People often experience additional symptoms such as dizziness, sensitivity to light and feeling nauseous. Migraines can last for a few hours to a few days.
How can Botox® help with chronic migraines?
The effects of Botox® on migraines are still being researched; however, doctors think that the treatment works by blocking chemicals called neurotransmitters. These are the chemicals that carry pain signals from your brain, and Botox® aims to block these signals to reduce how often you have migraine attacks and how severe they are. Botox® is effective, with a good response being a 30-50% reduction in how many headaches you have.
How long does this treatment last?
Using Botox® treatment for chronic migraines will typically begin to have an effect two days after treatment.
The Botox® is placed in the head, neck and shoulder area.
On average, a treatment will last for three to six months.
What to expect during a chronic migraine treatment?
The typical steps during a chronic treatment include:
- The area where injections will be placed is cleaned and prepped for treatment.
- The injection sites may often be marked using a medical pencil, easily cleaned off after treatment.
- Thirty-one injections are placed in the head, neck and shoulder area.
- It is advised not to consume alcohol, ibuprofen, or exercise 24 hours before or 48 hours after a chronic migraine treatment.
- Please also avoid any very hot showers, baths or saunas for the 12 hours post-treatment.
- If you are looking to get your COVID-19 booster shot, it must be over a week before or after treatment.
You cannot have this treatment if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are under 18 years of age.
- You have a hypersensitivity to the Botox® product or any of its excipients.
- Any known history of keloid scarring or hypertrophic scarring.
- You have active skin eruptions (such as cysts, pimples, rashes or hives) at the proposed treatment site.
- You have any bleeding disorders.
Are there any side effects?
Botox® is a very safe treatment choice with minimal side effects, the most common being mild discomfort or bruising post-treatment. This is usually quick to resolve.
View Our Extensive Patient Testimonials
Find out what our patients say about their experience.View Testimonials Gallery
Are you unhappy with your smile, do you get embarrassed by your crooked and discoloured teeth? Is it difficult to eat the foods you love? Would you like to replace missing teeth with a fixed solution, have straighter whiter teeth and get the smile that you’ve always wanted? Call the Berkeley Clinic today to book your consultation and get the smile you've always wanted.Contact us today