Best Teeth Dentures Glasgow
Dentures in Glasgow
Today's advanced dentistry techniques provide more attractive, functional and effective restorations than ever before. Our dentists can provide you with a denture that performs optimally and looks great as well. Dentures nowadays offer outstanding aesthetics and function, and they aren't the same as the dentures of decades past. If you are missing teeth, it's never too late to restore a full smile.
What is a Denture?
Dentures are replacements for missing teeth that can be taken out and put back into your mouth. While dentures take some getting used to and will never feel exactly the same as one’s natural teeth, today’s dentures are natural-looking and more comfortable than ever.
What are the Advantages of Dentures?
- Restore the function of your teeth
- They are aesthetically pleasing
- They support dental structure and prevent the loss of jawbones
- Restore the ability to chew and talk
- Restore your confidence
Types of Dentures Glasgow
- Conventional - Remaining teeth are removed and a fully removable denture is made and placed over your gum after the tissue has healed.
- Immediate - Immediate dentures are typically placed on the same day that the teeth are extracted. Our immediate dentures allow you to go home with fully functional teeth the same day you have extractions.
- Overdenture - An overdenture sits on top of the gums and is held in place with dental implants. It can be placed on the upper and/or the lower jaw, depending on the patient’s needs. The overdenture is also removable.
- Partial dentures are devices that are used when one or more natural teeth remain healthy in the upper or lower jaw. They are designed to fit around the remaining healthy teeth and can be either removable or fixed. A fixed partial denture accomplishes the same result as a removable partial denture, except that it is cemented into place using the adjacent teeth for support and is usually called a bridge.
Are there any disadvantages with Dentures?
Despite all these benefits, this affordable solution for teeth restoration does have some drawbacks.
- It can be difficult to eat certain foods such as sticky or crunchy food
- Maintenance and cleaning of dentures can be inconvenient as they have to be periodically taken out and soaked with a cleaning solution.
Are you in the process of exploring different types of dentures to see which one is right for you? We can help! Full dentures are used to replace teeth after they have all been lost or removed. The teeth are usually removed due to gum disease or decay. Dentures are used to replace missing teeth and can be either conventional or immediate.
If you would like a more permanent and stable alternative to dentures, you may consider dental implants.
If you need to replace missing teeth and think that dentures might be right for you, contact your dentist for dentures today.
View Our Extensive Patient Testimonials
Find out what our patients say about their experience.View Testimonials Gallery
Are you unhappy with your smile, do you get embarrassed by your crooked and discoloured teeth? Is it difficult to eat the foods you love? Would you like to replace missing teeth with a fixed solution, have straighter whiter teeth and get the smile that you’ve always wanted? Call the Berkeley Clinic today to book your consultation and get the smile you've always wanted.Contact us today